The DHET Ministerial Task Team on the Establishment of a South African Institute for Vocational and Continuing Education and Training
Seeks the services of a Consultant Researcher to conduct a comprehensive literature review of national institutes that support technical/vocational education and training in their respective countries.
The consultant’s task will be to produce a detailed, analytical report, based on desktop research, on such agencies, including the origin, legal status, functions, structure, accountability lines, modus operandi, location, staffing, relationship to other relevant regulatory bodies and any other relevant features of each. The report must include a full bibliography of reference materials in a recognised academic format.
The research should commence by mid-May and the report be submitted by the end of June 2012.
The Researcher should ideally:
- Have a post-graduate qualification and proven competence in a relevant field such as education, training, development work or the social sciences
- Have at least 5 years’ experience of research in the social sciences
- Be well-informed about current issues in the FET and skills development sectors
- Have excellent writing skills
- Be resident in Gauteng or the Cape Town metropolitan area
Applicants should submit a CV and required rate of remuneration to Mr Lyle Prim at email@example.com by 15 May.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Swiss South African Cooperation Initiative, refer to www.ssaci.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.