Commission of Inquiy into Policing in Khayelitsha
The independent Commission of Inquiry was established by the Premier of the Western Cape by Proclamation on 24 August 2012. The Commission is mandated to investigate complaints received by the Premier relating to allegations of inefficiency of the South African Police Service (SAPS) stationed at three police stations in Khayelitsha, as well as other units of SAPS operating in Khayelitsha.
Commission of Inquiry into policing in Khayelitsha seeks to appoint an Administrator, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The person will report to the Commission Secretary.
This is short-term contract of a minimum of six months, for the duration of the Commission.
- Assist staff in maintaining files and databases (both electronic and hard copy);
- Prepare reports, memoranda and correspondence;
- Monitor office operations;
- Schedule appointments and meetings;
- Manage basic financial expenditure against budget;
- Assist in the preparation of Commission’s budget and expenses;
- Community outreach;
- Stakeholder management;
- Tracks office supply inventory and approves supply orders;
- Undertake basic administrative tasks for the Commission and during public hearings;
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Four years of administrative or community-based experience;
- Minimum: Diploma or undergraduate degree;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy;
- Highly organised and flexible;
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision;
- Ability to work independently;
- Working knowledge of email, scheduling, spread sheets and presentation software and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Willingness to work overtime (late afternoon and weekends);
- Facilitation experience will be an advantage;
- Fluency in IsiXhosa;
- Experience with financial management.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to the Secretary of the Commission of Inquiry, Amanda Dissel at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enquiries: Tel: 082 417 1407.
For more about the Commission of Inquiry into Policing in Khayelitsha, refer to www.khayelitshacommission.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.