The ComaCARE Trust
ComaCARE Trust works towards the prevention of head injury and the acute care and rehabilitation of head injury survivors. The Trust offers a bedside counselling service through the support of trained volunteers, a family support service including information packs and counselling, training of professional nurses and an advocacy programme in relation to improving accessibility to and services for head trauma survivors.
ComaCARE HeadsUP! Is a non-governmental initiative which acts to prevent head injuries and supports survivors of brain injuries, most of whom are young men between the ages of 17 and 35 and their families. Originally based in Groote Schuur Hospital it has a new service in Khayelitsha.
ComaCARE Trust's services comprise of:
- Community education and prevention campaigns including the support of a men and boys wellness movement;
- Family training to ensure maximum rehabilitation of brain trauma survivors;
- Family and survivor support groups;
- Advocacy for comprehensive services;
- Research into survivor and family needs.
ComaCARE Trust seeks to appoint a Social Worker for the HeadsUP! programme, based in Khayelitsha, Cape Town.
The Registered Social Worker will provide services to survivors, their families and the community. The post is funded by the Provincial Government of the Western Cape, Department of Social Development Disability Unit.
The contract is renewable, based on funding availability..
- Appropriate Bachelor’s degree or diploma in social work;
- Registration with the South African Council for Social Service Professions (SACSSP) as Social Worker and proof of payment of registration for the current year;
- Appropriate knowledge and experience in trauma, mental health care and psychosocial rehabilitation;
- Minimum of IsiXhosa and English language skills;
- Counselling skills and experience;
- Computer literacy;
- Emphasis on a developmental approach and community outreach skills;
- Initiative and the ability to think creatively;
- Valid code B/EB driver’s licence.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only local applicants should apply.
For more about ComaCARE Trust, refer to www.comacare.com.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.