CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is one of the leading and most diverse international civil society networks, with members and partners in more than 140 countries and a staff of 35 people from over 20 countries. CIVICUS implements a range of programmatic activities focusing on strengthening citizen action and civil society around the world.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint a Senior Partnerships Officer, based in Johannesburg.
The Senior Partnerships Officer will contribute to partnership building and the expansion of CIVICUS’ partnership base by leveraging resources and broadening the funding base, strengthening and anchoring engagement with civil society members and partners, and promoting partners’ participation in key civil society events and issues.
Specific job objectives and responsibilities:
1. Resource Mobilisation
- Secure resources through regular donor prospecting and the development of funding proposals;
- Support donor management activities through the development and implementation of the donor communication plan, and maintenance of the reporting and submission schedule; and
- Enhance the resource mobilisation activities of the CIVICUS Secretariat and Alliance through capacity building activities and the development of resources.
2. Membership Recruitment
- Grow the CIVICUS Alliance through the implementation of the CIVICUS Membership plan; and
- Map membership recruitment opportunities, outreach to potential members and monitor progress towards specified targets.
3. Network Engagement
- Maintain relationships between CIVICUS and its members and partners;
- Engage members, partners and other key stakeholders in CIVICUS programmes and activities;
- Provide capacity building and technical support to members and partners as and when required; and
- Carry out network mapping activities and manage constituent information on CIVICUS’ database.
- Identify strategic convening opportunities to engage the CIVICUS alliance and support event coordination;
- Identify potential partners, sponsors, funders for CIVICUS events; and
- Represent CIVICUS at events.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and work related experience:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Advanced Degree/Diploma in International Relations, Development Studies, Nonprofit Management or equivalent;
- 2 years minimum experience in a NGO environment at senior level; and
- Proven fundraising track record and management experience.
- Networking skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Budget management skills;
- Proposal and report writing skills;
- Planning and time management skills;
- Deadline driven, with ability to multi-task;
- Proficiency in at least one of the identified languages: Spanish, French, Arabic or Russian; and
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of global civil society;
- Understanding of networking principles; and
- Knowledge of regional dynamics and civil society issues.
- Fundraising and grant management experience with a variety of bilateral donors and foundations;
- Previous experience working with civiCRM and/or Microsoft SharePoint; and
- Previous experience of working in a multi-cultural team.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Start Date: To be confirmed
Salary: Salary offered ranges between USD$41 418 - USD$45 974 per annum depending on the level of relevant skills and experience.
Duration: Initially a 2 year contract will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and contact details of three current referees to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, 30 September 2014.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org.