CIVICUS: Research Consultant - Legitimacy, Transparency and Accountability Project
Wednesday, June 6, 2012 - 15:37
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Wednesday, June 13, 2012
CIVICUS seeks to recruit a Research Consultant for the Legitimacy, Transparency and Accountability (LTA) Project, based in Johannesburg.
Working closely with the LTA coordinator and other members of the LTA team, the Research Consultant will undertake the following tasks:
- Produce a research report giving reference to real examples that will form the backbone of the Guide and based on the above-mentioned principles;
- Use material that will be provided by the LTA coordinator as part of the research documents;
- Communicate with stakeholders of the LTA project to gather their perspectives on self-regulation initiatives;
- Liaise with the LTA coordinator on the progress of the research;
- Develop a basic M&E framework for self-regulation initiatives.
- Detailed research report on developing self-Regulation initiatives covering the definition, importance, formulation, implementation, reporting and monitoring and evaluation.
- Development of basic monitoring and evaluation tools for self-regulation initiatives;
- A list of references and organisations contacted;
- A diagrammatic presentation of the step by step self-regulation development process;
- A list of important acronyms and concepts for self-regulation initiatives.
- Postgraduate degree in social science, development studies or equivalent;
- Extensive experience in civil society;
- Experience in research, monitoring and evaluation;
- Extensive knowledge on governance, accountability, transparency and legitimacy issues in civil society;
- Knowledge and experience of civil society operating environment in different locations;
- Excellent report writing skills;
- Experience of working with local and international NGOs.
Applications with non-returnable copies of CVs, testimonials and sample of previous work should be submitted to email@example.com or drop to the CIVICUS Office in Johannesburg.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
All applications should include the following:
- Cover letter (max 1 page)
- Technical proposal (max 4 pages)
- The technical proposal should include: a) Brief explanation about the Consultant(s) with particular emphasis on previous experience in this kind of work; b) Profile of the Consultant(s) to be involved in undertaking the research; c) Understanding of the TOR and the task to be accomplished and; d) Draft research outline including M& E for SRI.
- Financial Proposal (max 1 page)
The financial proposal should be submitted together with the technical proposal. Data collection and data processing costs are on the account of the Consultant. The Consultant should also use his or her own computer. All costs, including transport, stationeries and supplies needed for data collection should be included in the financial proposal.
At least two samples of previous work i.e. final research reports on topics related to LTA for similar international civil society groups
To read the full Terms of Reference, click here.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.