CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is one of the leading and most diverse international civil society networks, with members and partners in more than 140 countries and a staff of 35 people from over 20 countries. CIVICUS implements a range of programmatic activities focusing on strengthening citizen action and civil society around the world.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint a Partnerships Officer, based in Johannesburg.
The Partnerships Officer will contribute to partnership building and the expansion of CIVICUS’ partnership base by leveraging resources and broadening the funding base, strengthening and anchoring engagement with civil society members and partners, and promoting partners’ participation in key civil society events and issues.
Specific job objectives and responsibilities:
1. Membership Recruitment
- Grow the CIVICUS Alliance through the implementation of the CIVICUS Membership plan;
- Develop membership communication materials and benefits, and market accordingly; and
- Map membership recruitment opportunities, outreach to potential members and monitor progress towards specified targets.
2. Resource Mobilisation
- Contribute to the diversification of funds by developing and implementing an individual fundraising plan; and
- Enhance funds generated through consultancies and other fee-for-service contracts by mapping opportunities, outreaching and facilitating contracts for CIVICUS services.
- Support event coordination and convening opportunities that engage the CIVICUS alliance;
- Lead in the development of the International Civil Society Week / CIVICUS World Assembly 2016 action plan; and
- Represent CIVICUS at events.
4. Network Engagement
- Maintain relationships between CIVICUS and its members and partners;
- Engage members, partners and other key stakeholders in CIVICUS programmes and activities;
- Provide capacity building and technical support to members and partners; and
- Carry out network mapping activities and manage constituent information.
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications, knowledge, skills and work related experience:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in International Relations, Development Studies, Nonprofit Management or equivalent; and
- 2 years minimum experience in a NGO environment.
- Networking skills;
- Fluent in English;
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Budget management skills;
- Proposal and report writing skills;
- Planning and time management skills;
- Deadline driven, with ability to multi-task; and
- Computer literacy.
- Knowledge of global civil society;
- Understanding of networking principles; and
- Knowledge of regional dynamics and civil society issues.
- Event management experience;
- Previous experience working with civiCRM and Microsoft SharePoint;
- Previous experience of working in a multi-cultural team; and
- Proficiency in at least one of the identified languages: Spanish, French, Arabic or Russian.
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa.
Start Date: 01 December 2014
Salary: Salary offered ranges between USD$36 373 - USD$41 418 per annum depending on the level of relevant skills and experience.
Duration: Initially a 2 year contract will be offered.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and contact details of three current referees to email@example.com by Tuesday, 30 September 2014.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org.