CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is an international alliance of members and partners which constitutes an influential network of organisations at the local, national, regional and international levels, and spans the spectrum of civil society. CIVICUS has worked for nearly two decades to strengthen citizen action and civil society throughout the world, especially in areas where participatory democracy and citizens' freedom of association are threatened.
CIVICUS seeks an Impact and Evaluation Specialist, based in Johannesburg.
As a leading proponent of civil society accountability and effectiveness, CIVICUS is naturally interested in our own impact on the world around us. In recent years, we have been investing in our planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting, but now we want an Impact and Evaluation Specialist to ensure that our efforts in these areas are world-class. This role will involve an internal and external focus, for example helping us design an organisational dashboard that will monitor how we are doing while also helping our members and partners evaluate their own work. We believe this is an exciting opportunity to nurture evidence-based learning within CIVICUS, but also help spread best practice within our global alliance.
Job grade: Paterson C Upper.
- Implement and continuously improve CIVICUS’ Impact and Evaluation framework;
- Improve and implement CIVICUS’ tools for gathering constituency feedback;
- Design and curate an organisational dashboard that will help management and the CIVICUS Board monitor organisational health and performance;
- Contributing to evaluating the impact of civil society strengthening initiatives (including occasional consultancies for members or partners);
- Monitoring and evaluation of specific projects in accordance with CIVICUS’ framework and grantors specifications.
Implementing all stages of impact and evaluation framework, including facilitating annual planning processes and workshops, bi-annual review processes and workshops, and keeping organisational planning and review tools up to date.
- Implementing a monitoring framework and end-of-term evaluation to monitor and communicate the impact achieved during the 2013-2017 strategic period;
- Ensuring that constituency feedback informs management decisions, primarily by carrying out the Annual Constituent Survey;
- Providing the tools and training for staff to capture qualitative and complex signs of impact from CIVICUS’ work, and finding agile and imaginative ways to consolidate and communicate these signs to internal and external constituencies;
- Leading the monitoring and evaluation of various CIVICUS projects, including the Civic Space Initiative and the Lifeline Fund;
- Providing technical Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) advice and support to CIVICUS as required.
- Undergraduate degree in development, social sciences, international relations, program evaluation or a related field;
- Minimum of three three years of relevant experience working in monitoring and evaluation, civil society strengthening, international development or a related field;
- Experience in planning, monitoring, and/or evaluating complex programs, projects or activities;
- Experience in project management;
- Knowledge of monitoring and evaluation tools, including developing logical frameworks, indicators and theories of change;
- Negotiation, relationship building, analysis, presentation, facilitation, attention to detail and intercultural and interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to diverse range of audiences;
- Postgraduate degree is desirable.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary range: USD$36 373 – USD$41 418 per annum depending on the level of relevant skills and experience.
This is an initially a two-year contract position.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- A copy of your CV;
- A letter explaining your interest in this post, and what skills and experience you would bring;
- Contact details of three referees who we may contact if you are considered for this post.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.