CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation
CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation is one of the leading and most diverse international civil society networks, with members and partners in more than 120 countries and a staff compliment of 35+ from over 20 countries.
CIVICUS seeks to appoint an ICT Manager, based in Johannesburg.
The person will lead, maintain and support ICT systems, solutions and services across the organisation.
Through a range of programmatic activities that extend beyond crisis response, CIVICUS is determined to make positive changes across the globe. With ongoing policy development, research, lobbying and advocacy at national, regional and global level we strive to strengthen civil society and its role in governance and development worldwide. And in this key role, you’ll make sure we are working with the best possible infrastructure, systems and applications to deliver on our objectives.
This is a one-year contract position will be offered.
- Provide technical ICT expertise and provide support to the ICT team and the organisation;
- Evaluate and assess the organisation’s ICT infrastructure requirements, propose and implement appropriate solutions;
- Evaluate and assess the organisation’s ICT software requirement, propose and implement appropriate solutions;
- Provide a lead technical role in specified ICT projects and ensure effective management and coordination regarding such projects;
- Take a lead role in resolving system problems;
- Advise and lead ICT procurement requirements;
- Maintain and implement security protocols, quality control procedures and ICT procedures;
- B.Tech degree or national diploma or equivalent in ICT;
- Minimum of four years work experience in a similar position;
- Project management and coordination;
- Proficiency in report writing;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, analytical abilities and assessment/ auditing skills and high level of English proficiency;
- Ability to work under pressure and within tight deadlines;
- Ability to train and mentor non IT staff;
- The ability to solve hardware and software faults;
- Analytical approach to problem solving;
- Communication and liaison with service provider;
- Network and server management.
- In depth knowledge of trends and solutions in the Information and Communication Technology field. An awareness of emerging technological developments;
- IT development skills specifically in database development;
- Experience in service level agreement management;
- Experience in staff management;
- Legal compliance requirements experience related to ICTs use;
- In depth knowledge of Microsoft office products;
- Essential: In depth knowledge of and implementation experience in SharePoint.
- Desirable: Experience and knowledge of civil society organisations
- Preferable: Coming to us from a similar role with another NGO or membership based organisation, you’ll have a good understanding of the principles around developing and delivering advocacy and campaigns programmes, and of the tools, methodologies and information systems used to measure their effectiveness.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Salary: Market related salary will be offered.
Applications from South African and/or permanent residents are preferable. CIVICUS seeks applications from candidates with the right to work in South Africa.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter (maximum of two pages) outlining why you are interested in this role and how you meet the person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about CIVICUS: World Alliance for Citizen Participation, refer to www.civicus.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.