Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based at the Paediatric Oncology Unit at the Frere Hospital in the East London, Eastern Cape.
- Provide all levels of social work services for children treated in the unit and their families including palliative and end-of-life care;
- Work with a multi-disciplinary treatment team;
- Participate in CHOC`s psychosocial support programmes;
- Network with CHOC`s psychosocial support team members and other organisations.
- Bachelor social work degree;
- Valid proof of a registration with the S A Council of Social Services Profession (SACSSP);
- Fluency in Xhosa;
- Computer literacy;
- Administration skills;
- Willingness to work outside office hours;
- Minimum of one year work experience as a Social Worker is an advantage;
- Experience of working with children and their families illnesses or other life traumas is an advantage;
- Valid South African driver’s licence.
Salary: Market related in the NPO Sector.
Apply online, clck here.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa by 6 July 2012, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.