CHOC - Childhood Cancer Foundation SA
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC Pretoria Division seeks to appoint a Driver/Handyman at the CHOC House in Capital Park, Pretoria.
The overall purpose of the post is to undertake driving and maintenance duties for the CHOC House and Pretoria Office.
- Transport the children and parents/caregivers to and from the Treatment Centre;
- Upkeep effective verbal communicate with the treatment centre as required by the Divisional Manager;
- Collect washing from the treatment centres as required;
- Assist with transporting children and parents/caregivers to and from events as required.
- Collect donations as required.
- Collect and deliver items required for the garden and for the maintenance of the premises;
- Take rubbish to the Municipal dump;
- Do basic driving duties for the division - post office, transfers to airport/Gautrain etc;
- Make banking deposits as required;
- Ensure that CHOC vehicles are in good running order;
- Clean the CHOC vehicles weekly;
- Be responsible for the maintenance of and repairs to the CHOC house Pretoria;
- Undertake maintenance and cleaning work as required by the treatment centres;
- Undertake monthly maintenance checks on the Pretoria CHOC premises;
- Assist in the maintenance of the tools and equipment used for maintenance and gardening;
- Attend to maintain the garden at CHOC house Pretoria;
- Assist the House Manager at CHOC House Pretoria.
- Record of having undertaken driving duties over a five year period which included transporting people;
- Ability to work with people from all walks of life and be compassionate;
- Be highly motivated with a willingness to take initiative and responsibility;
- Unendorsed code 08 driver’s licence;
- Willingness to apply for a public drivers licence permit;
- Willingness to work weekends and after hours as required;
- Understanding of the need to maintain a vehicle in a roadworthy condition;
- Experience in basic property maintenance;
- Experience in gardening and gardening equipment;
- Ability to do basic reporting and record keeping.
Salary: R66 000 per annum cost to company. CHOC does not provide contributions to a medical aid scheme, a retirement, pension or provident fund or a 13th month cheque. Cost of living adjustments are made in July of each year. CHOC offers a friendly working environment and the opportunity to play a key role in making a difference to children with cancer or life threatening blood disorders and their families/caregivers.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) with names and contact details of three referees to Veronicadj@choc.org.za. Applicants who have not heard by 25 March 2013 can assume that their application was not successful.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.