Children's Hospital Trust
The Children’s Hospital Trust was founded in 1994 as the independent Fundraising Arm of the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital in Cape Town when the Hospital was threatened with closure due to a lack of funding. Since its inception the Trust has supported the Hospital through upgrading its buildings, purchasing vital equipment and funding critical training and research programmes.
The Children’s Hospital Trust seeks to appoint a Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Fundraising Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for coordinating the evaluation, monitoring and reporting for all current paediatric health programmes funded by the Trust. The M&E Coordinator,will conduct research and evaluation for any prospective new paediatric health programmes for the Trust and prepare the necessary documentation for the new programmes that are selected to be funded.
M&E of approved child health programmes
- Monitor the implementation of all current programmes funded by the Trust to ensure deliverables are monitored and met and track expenditure against budget;
- Conduct end of project evaluations for all approved programmes;
- Research and proposal development of prospective new child health programmes;
- Evaluate prospective new paediatric healthcare programmes for appropriate impact and design with the assistance of evaluation committees;
- Support proposal development by implementation partners for prospective new paediatric healthcare programmes;
- Conduct due diligence with potential implementation partners responsible for the implementation of the child health projects;
- Monitor the initiation and implementations of newly approved paediatric health programmes.
- Plan, administer and report on programme budgets for internal use and for donor reporting purposes;
- Analysis and interpretation of programme budgets;
- Preparation of programme budgets for new paediatric health programmes.
Fundraising proposal development
- Working with the Information and Knowledge Manager and the fundraising department to prepare fundraising proposals for new paediatric healthcare programmes.
- Prepare quarterly progress and annual reports to monitor the achievement of (current) programme deliverables, to be collated for relevant funders;
- Prepare report for relevant funders of new paediatric healthcare programmes.
Strategic planning and management
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of the Trust as a paediatric healthcare funder.
- Responsible for supporting the implementation partners in the planning of each new paediatric healthcare programme in accordance with time and cost constraints and the agreed quality standards;
- Monitor progress of the project in terms of project status and budget and report progress to Fundraising Manager, CEO and external evaluation committees.
Coordination of external evaluation committees
- Organise all meetings for the project evaluation committee and government reference group committee and present at these meetings;
- Prepare all necessary documentation for these meetings.
- Further development and maintenance of a communication process with the Fundraising and Communications Department to ensure the effective feedback process to general and specific donors;
- Support the fundraising team as required.
- Research, M&E or project management qualification and a minimum of three years relevant experience;
- Research skills;
- Monitoring and evaluation skills;
- Writing and reporting skills;
- Computer skills eg, Microsoft Office;
- Project Management skills;
- Strategic planning skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Time management skills;
- Valid driver's licence;
- Own car preferable.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Children’s Hospital Trust, refer to http://childrenshospitaltrust.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT