The Children's Hospital Trust
The Children’s Hospital Trust was founded in 1994 as the independent Fundraising Arm of the Red Cross War Memorial Children’s Hospital in Cape Town when the Hospital was threatened with closure due to a lack of funding. Since its inception the Trust has supported the Hospital through upgrading its buildings, purchasing vital equipment and funding critical training and research programmes.
The Children’s Hospital Trust seeks to appoint a Fundraising Relationship Coordinator, based in Cape Town.
The position requires an enthusiastic, persuasive communicator who is decisive, has drive and initiative. The work requires confidence, determination, and the ability to build strong relationships. The incumbent will be required to generate income from individuals, corporates and Trusts and Foundations through acquisition, development, cultivation, retention and solicitation of funds and other forms of support.
S/he will report to the Fundraising Manager.
Working relationships: Individual donors, corporate donor representatives, Trustees, Administrators of Trusts, Clubs/ Societies, Embassies and medical professionals within the hospital.
Income generation: Contribute towards the overall fundraising target of the Children’s Hospital Trust of R40 million per annum.
- Fundraise - individuals, corporates and trusts and foundations;
- Responsible for managing the Guardians Programme (donors who contribute more than R5000 per annum);
- Responsible for managing the Grateful Hearts Programme, aimed at families whose lives have been affected by their experience at the Hospital;
- Attend networking and beneficiary functions;
- Present to groups and organisations profiling the Trust and its beneficiary (the Hospital);
- Maximise funding through donor stewardship;
- Grow the value of current givers through cultivation & upgrading of existing donors;
- Extensive liaison with people (donors and others) via email, phone and face to face.
- Create and write compelling proposals to retain and inspire donors;
- Regular and tailored feedback to donors, including Guardians and Grateful Hearts groups;
- Responsible for the maintenance of database records ensuring they are accurate and up to date;
- Working closely with Communications Team to ensure suitable marketing support;
- Working closely with the Finance team to ensure the correct allocation of donor funding.
Strategic planning and management
- Contribute to the strategic planning and development of the fundraising team;
- Ensure that strategy for donor acquisition & retention is aligned with team vision and economics.
- Communications or marketing qualification and minimum of three years relevant experience;
- An excellent command of English language, both written and spoken;
- Entrepreneurial and a self-starter;
- Target driven;
- Computer skills eg, Microsoft Office, internet, e-mail and Microsoft Project;
- Relationship building skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Project management skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to manage confidential information in an appropriate manner;
- Sound organisational and interpersonal skills.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Children’s Hospital Trust, refer to http://childrenshospitaltrust.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.