Childline South Africa - Eastern Cape
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline Eastern Cape seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in Mthatha, Eastern Cape.
The person will provide therapeutic support to children and their families who have experienced trauma, including sexual abuse.
- Assessment of the therapeutic needs of children and their caregivers;
- Provision of psycho-social care and therapy to children and caregivers;
- Outreach Activities and Community Engagement;
- Pre- and Post-test HIV and AIDS Counseling;
- Referrals and follow-ups;
- Establishing and maintaining strong working relationships with other partners in the Child Protection field;
- Evaluation of interventions and programmes;
- Writing high quality professional reports as required.
- Supervision of staff at the Mthatha Thutuzela Care Centre
- Qualified Social Worker registered with the SACSSP for a minimum of three years;
- Minimum of three years experience in Child Protection;
- Computer skills, particularly in Microsoft Office, e-mail, internet and electronic communication;
- Valid driver’s licence is essential;
- Ability to communicate and write in English and isiXhosa;
- Enthusiasm for work in this field;
- Ability to communicate with children and adults;
- Belief in the capacity of children and adults to heal and develop;
- Knowledge of and skills in applying therapeutic programmes that are appropriate for work with children who have experienced trauma, abuse and with children whose behaviour is abusive / sexually inappropriate;
- Working knowledge of HIV, AIDS and TB pre- and post-test counselling;
- Ability to write good reports in English;
- Working knowledge of Law and Policy as it applies to children, child protection and families;
- Ability to work and effectively communicate with different sectors and disciplines.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.