Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline Eastern Cape seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in East London, Eastern Cape.
The person will provide therapeutic services to abused children, families and care givers, as well as to children with abusive or inappropriate sexual behaviour.
- The assessment of the therapeutic needs of the children and their parents/caregivers referred to Childline SA (Eastern Cape);
- Planning and providing treatment programmes according to the identified needs of the identified children and families;
- Pre and post-test HIV and AIDS counselling;
- Referring and following up referrals to other service providers as needed by the child and family;
- Working with DOJCD personnel and court support and preparation for child witnesses;
- Working with communities on prevention and early intervention programmes;
- Evaluating the outcomes of interventions and programmes;
- Following up the child and family to track progress;
- Writing professional reports as required;
- Qualified as a social worker and registered with the SACSSP;
- Minimum of five years experience in child protection, with specific experience in therapeutic methods;
- Computer skills particularly in MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, email, internet and electronic communication;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Enthusiasm for work in this field;
- Ability to communicate with children and adults;
- Belief in the capacity of children and adults to heal and develop;
- Knowledge of and skills in applying therapeutic programmes that are appropriate for work with children who have experienced abuse and with children whose behaviour is abusive/sexually inappropriate;
- Good working knowledge of HIV and AIDS and pre and post test counselling;
- Ability to write reports in English;
- Knowledge of law and policy as it applies to children, child protection and family life;
- Ability to work with different sectors and disciplines;
- Ability to speak and understand the nuances of the isiXhosa language and work within the culture and context of the Eastern Cape.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.