Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint a Manger, based in Durban.
This is an excellent and exciting opportunity for an experienced manager. Under the supervision of the National Executive Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for managing all programme functions from programme management, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, project administration, finance and budget management. The incumbent will also be responsible for recruitment, section and supervision of staff involved in the programme as well as networking and liaising with funders, sub partners, internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective delivery of the programme objectives and goals.
- Facilitate the development and implemenatation of operational and business plans for the programme;
- Devise key inputs and outputs for implementation plans;
- Validating implementation planes including timelines, resource requirements, and cost estimates;
- Reviewing systems and procedures to ensure alignment with approved plans;
- Overall management and administration of the programme;
- Provide guidance and strategic direction for programme execution;
- Assist in developing performance measure to evaluate the success of strategies;
- Ensure the implementation of administrative policies, procedures and norms;
- Establish and maintain good relationships with partners and external stakeholders;
- Identify capacity building needs of partners related to the implementation of the programme, data and quality management with the aim of improving data collection and bringing this in line with donor requirements;
- Design MER related capacity building plans, to address technical assistance needs and to monitor progress made towards plans;
- Provide partners with ongoing technical assistance to strengthen their skills, systems and tools for data collection, validation, analysis, use and reporting; this includes providing mentoring, and conducting site visits on a regular basis;
- Undertake quality assurance and improvement activities in accordance with objectives of the programme;
- Analyse performance and reports towards achieving targets;
- Compile high quality reports and disseminate to relevant internal and external stakeholders;
- Develop the budget for the programme;
- Management economic, efficient and effective programme utilisation costs against the approved budget;
- Prepare inputs and financial reports to funders;
- Develop communication plans for the programme;
- Develop a networking base and identify linkages and opportunities for effective programme management and sustainability;
- Identify and analyse opportunities for innovation and creativity within functional areas and across the organisation.
- Up to date knowledge, understanding and experience in senior project management, planning and implementation related to HIV and AIDS;
- Demonstrated success in project and organisational planning and execution;
- Experience and knowledge of M&E theorise and designs;
- Familiarity with quality assurance, improvement and process;
- Capacity building and mentoring skills and experience in facilitating and evaluating programmes
- Research and analytic skills essential;
- Skills in managing therapeutic programmes;
- Ability to transfer knowledge and skills through formal and informal training;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Experience with managing funding from international donors;
- Qualified as a social worker and registered with the SACSSP;
- Five years experience working in HIV and AIDS projects, of which three years are at management level;
- CBO/NGO experience preferred;
- Flexibility to work both in a diverse team and independently;
- Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Office, e-mail, internet and electronic communication;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Ability and willingness to travel within South Africa.
Salary: to be negotiated
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.