Childline South Africa
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childline South Africa seeks to appoint an Accounting Assistant, based in Durban, KwaZulu.
Under the supervision of the Finance Manager, the incumbent will be responsible to support the Manager of Finance with specific responsibility for accounts payable, payments, and the processing of accounting entries in Pastel.
- Payments - Prepare Payment Requisitions and supporting vouchers;
- Electronic banking - EFT submissions only (prepare payments) (Nedbank);
- Pastel accounting System - Process entries (GL codes on requisitions);
- Bank reconciliations - of the Funders Bank accounts (Pastel);
- Monthly payments - Ensure regular service providers and accounts paid monthly;
- Petty cash - Maintain and reconcile;
- Donations Register - Maintain, Tax Receipts and Thank you letters;
- Filing system - Maintain filing system; utilise coherent and neat filing system;
- Sundry - Support of and work with Head of Finance in all aspects of finance and ad hoc assignments.
- Diploma and/or experience in accounting/bookkeeping;
- Minimum of three years in an accounts department;
- Computer skills and knowledge of accounting packages. Pastel will be an advantage;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word is essential;
- Flexibility to work in a team;
- Team Player, with inter-personal communicative skills, self-guided, strong analytical, organizational and planning skills;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za/.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.