Childline is a local NGO working to protect and promote a culture of children’s and human rights. The organisation provides a nation-wide 24-hours toll-free helpline for crisis counselling and referral services to children, young persons and their families in difficult situations through its strategic and referral partners as well as child protection networks spread across the country.
Childline KZN seeks to appoint an Executive Director.
Childline KZN is looking for a dynamic individual to head up the organisation. The incumbent must be an effective and inspiring team leader; passionate and committed to upholding and promoting the rights of children, as well as human rights in general, able to influence policy and practices around child rights and child welfare and service delivery for children, and must be capable of forging partnerships at national and international levels and must be fully familiar with all legislation pertaining to children.
Reporting to the Childline KZN Board of Directors, the person will have the following core functions:
- Providing overall strategic leadership to Childline team and organisation;
- Implementing Childline vision, mission, strategic plans and programmes;
- Fundraising/resource mobilisation and prudent financial management;
- Human Resource Management;
- Brand development and business innovation in Childline’s KZN programming;
- Building relationships with clients, communities, donors , partners and other stakeholders;
- Working closely with the Board and implementing board policies and decisions.
- Master’s degree in the field of social work;
- A registered social worker with the relevant regulatory body and must be able to produce a letter of good standing from such regulatory body;
- Extensive experience in community development spanning not less than 8 years with reputable INGOs/NGOs or government agencies, academic or research institutions or organisations with related work in child protection, human rights, governance, gender and development or related areas;
- Demonstrated leadership experience at management level;
- Good understanding of child protection and community development issues;
- Excellent programme/project management and organisational development skills;
- Ability to work independently and to build functional teams;
- Research & evidence-based advocacy skills at different levels with demonstrated results;
- Good understanding of national and global child protection issues as well as rights based programming;
- Capacity to work with partnerships/networks, children, communities, government, the civil society and the private sector;
- Excellent knowledge of NGO working environment and ability to build networks and alliances;
- Excellent analytical, communication and presentation skills;
- Excellent Resource mobilisation skills with demonstrated results;
- Ability to work with people of diverse cultures both locally and internationally;
- Budgeting and financial management skills gained through budget-holding responsibilities;
- Problem solving, negotiation and contracting skills;
- Fluency in English. Knowledge of any of the other official working languages will be an added advantage;
- Valid code 8 (B) driver’s licence.
Salary: R400K negotiable.
To apply, submit a CV to email@example.com.
If you have not heard from Childline KZN by 25 May 2013, please consider your application unsuccessful.
For more information about Childline KZN, refer to www.childlinekzn.org.za.