Childline Eastern Cape
Childline South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that works collectively to protect children from all forms of violence and to create a culture of children's rights in South Africa.
Childine Eastern Cape seeks to appoint a Social Worker, based in East London, Eastern Cape.
The person will provide therapeutic services to abused chilfren, families and caregivers as well as to children with inappopriate sexual behaviour.
- Professional counselling skills;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills;
- Project management skills;
- Good networking and excellent communication skills [verbal and written];
- Comprehensive report writing skills;
- Good presentation and facilitation skills.
- Enthusiasm for work in this field;
- Ability to communicate with children and adults;
- Belief in the capacity of children and adults to heal and develop;
- Knowledge of and skills in applying therapeutic programmes that are appropriate for work with children who have experienced abuse and with children whose behaviour is sexually inappropriate;
- Good working knowledge of HIV and AIDS and pre- and post-test counselling;
- Knowledge of law and policy as it applies to children, child protection and family life; and
- Ability to work with different sectors and disciplines.
- The assessment of the therapeutic needs of the children and their parents/caregivers referred to Childline SA (Eastern Cape);
- Planning and providing treatment programmes according to the identified needs of the identified children and families;
- Pre- and post-test HIV and AIDS counselling;
- Referring and following up referrals to other service providers as needed by the child and family;
- Conducting focus groups on Child Protection and related matters with children and communities.
- Working with communities on Prevention and Early Intervention programmes;
- Evaluating the outcomes of interventions and programmes;
- Following up with the child and family to track progress;
- Execute standard Social Work administrative practices;
- Writing professional reports as required; and
- Participate in multidisciplinary programmes/projects.
- Competency in the post-specific core functions;
- Grade 12 (Senior Certificate) and NQF 6 degree in Social Work;
- Registered with the SACSSP and proof of payment of SACSSP fees for 2014-2015;
- No criminal record or pending criminal/departmental cases;
- Minimum of two years appropriate experience as Social Worker with a minimum of 1 years’ experience in Child Protection, with specific experience in therapeutic methods;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Computer skills particularly in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook; and
- Fluency in Afrikaans and English.
To apply, submit the following to email@example.com:
- A detailed CV including description of duties, the names and contact details of 3 referees, certified copies of qualifications, a valid driver’s license and identity document must accompany your signed application for employment.
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in your application not being considered.
- Childline South Africa is under no obligation to fill the post after the advertisement thereof.
- Childline South Africa will conduct reference checks of short-listed applicants.
- If a candidate is short-listed, it will be expected of him/her to undergo a personal interview at own cost.
- The successful candidate will be vetted in terms of the Criminal Law (Sexual Offences and Related Matters) Amendment Act, 2007 (Act No 32 of 2007) and the Children’s Act, 2005 (Act No 38 of 2005). If the candidate’s particulars appear in either the National Register of Sex Offenders or Part B of the Child Protection Register, said candidate will be disqualified from appointment to such post and all contracts will be declared null and void.
- The successful candidate will be required to undergo a security clearance in that a nationwide Police Clearance Certificate will be expected to be sourced at own cost and submitted.
- Late applications will not be considered.
- Notwithstanding any representations to the contrary, no employment contract will come into effect until a written offer has been made by the company to, and accepted by, the applicant.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted one month after the closing date, please accept that your application has been unsuccessful.
Enquiries: Tel: 043 722 1382.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Childline South Africa, refer to www.childlinesa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.