CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa
The Childhood Cancer (CHOC) Foundation South Africa is a nonprofit organisation that provides support for children suffering from cancer and life-threatening blood disorders as well as their families.
CHOC seeks to appoint a Divisional Accounts Assistant, based at its Head Office in Randburg, Gauteng.
The person will be responsible for processing financial data for CHOC’s Divisional Offices.
To carry out the following finance and accounting support functions for 7 Divisional Offices: East London, Durban, Free State, Pietermaritzburg, Port Elizabeth, Pretoria and Western Cape
- Post debit and credit transactions to the divisional ledgers;
- Reconcile bank accounts;
- Check and reconcile monthly cashbooks;
- Reconcile petty cash and transport imprest accounts;
- Prepare and distribute monthly Ledgers and Trial Balances;
- Prepare and distribute monthly budget variance reports.
To undertake financial duties for Just Footprints Foundation
- Capture financial data on Pastel;
- Prepare monthly cashbook;
- Prepare and distribute monthly Ledger and Trial Balance.
- Provide general accounting support and information to the Finance and Administration Manager and Divisional Managers as required;
- Provide assistance with loading and releasing of EFT payments for all offices.
- Minimum of five years experience in finance and administration work;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Excellent IT skills particularly with Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent Pastel skills;
- Ability to take initiative and work as a team player as well as independently.
Salary: In the region of R100 000 per annum cost to company. CHOC does not provide contributions to a medical aid scheme, a retirement, pension or provident fund or a 13th month cheque. Cost of living adjustments are made in July of each year.
To apply, submit a CV (maximum four pages) and contact details of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not hear from the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa by 21 May 2012, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Childhood Cancer Foundation South Africa, refer to www.choc.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.