Chemonics International Inc., a U.S.-based international development consulting firm, seeks technical experts for an anticipated 5-year USAID-funded school-based sexuality and HIV prevention education programme in South Africa. The programme will support the Government of South Africa in delivering high quality, evidence-informed health education programmes to secondary school students aged 10-18. Key activities / intervention areas will include supporting the creation of sexuality and HIV prevention education curricula, training of teachers in new and existing curricula, and working closely with the South African Department of Basic Education to support their ongoing health education initiatives. Individuals residing in South Africa are highly encouraged to apply.
Key positions include:
- Chief of Party / Programme Director;
- Deputy Chief of Party / Operations;
- Technical Programme Director;
- Director of Financial Management and Operations;
- Gender Specialist;
- Social Behavior Change Communications Specialist;
- Training and Capacity Building Director;
- Communications Specialist;
- Senior Advisor of Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research.
- Advanced degree in management, international development, macroeconomics, public health policy, development finance, economic policy and education applied economics, or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in South Africa required;
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices and innovations in health education and HIV/AIDS prevention;
- Experience providing training and capacity-building in an area of technical expertise;
- USAID programme experience strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in written and oral English required.
Please send an e-mail to SAhealtheducation@chemonics.com with your CV, a cover letter explaining your interest in the programme, and contact information (phone # and e-mail) for at least 3 professional references. Please indicate your area(s) of technical specialty in the email or cover letter.
For more information about Chemonics International, please visit www.chemonics.com.