Chemonics International, a leading international development company, seeks to recruit several positions for the ongoing USAID-funded Resilience in the Limpopo River Basin (RESILIM) project. RESILIM is a five-year project aimed at improving transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin across South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Botswana. The project assists the Limpopo Watercourse Commission (LIMCOM) and other regional, national, and local stakeholders to improve transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. We are currently recruiting for a receptionist to be based in Pretoria.
- Ensure office orderliness and professional appearance (front desk);
- Receive all visitors and telephone calls and direct them as necessary;
- Manage the message facility, retrieval and recording of the messages;
- Take messages as needed and promptly e-mail to recipient with callers name, contact information and purpose of call;
- Send, receive, and distribute faxes;
- Receive and send project pouches, track shipment, confirm receipt;
- Maintain an up-to-date contact list for the project;
- Download photos and maintain the project photo library;
- Take minutes at administrative team meetings and ensure that proper record keeping is taking place and maintained;
- Track utilisation of office consumables and stationery, on a weekly basis, and order consumables when needed with close liaison of the Finance and Operations Manager;
- Track approvals and file these approvals according to RESILIM policies and procedure;
- Prepare boardroom and data projector for presentations;
- Maintain basic administrative tracker logs;
- Ensure that a stationery tracker is in place to record utilisation.
- Minimum of Matric certificate;
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as a receptionist;
- Requires excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural team.
Please send a CV (including references), cover letter and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 September 2013, indicating the position to which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
For more information about Chemonics International Inc, refer to www.chemonics.com.