Chemonics International, a leading international development company, seeks to recruit several positions for the ongoing USAID-funded Resilience in the Limpopo River Basin (RESILIM) project. RESILIM is a five-year project aimed at improving transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin across South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Botswana. The project assists the Limpopo Watercourse Commission (LIMCOM) and other regional, national, and local stakeholders to improve transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. We are currently recruiting for a logistics officer to be based in Pretoria.
- Provide adequate working facilities for all long and short term and HO staff and daily operations;
- Responsible for the procurement of goods and services related to office premise;
- Manage relationships with local service providers and vendors;
- Liaise with primary services providers to maintain positive working relationships. This includes but is not limited to office landlord, IT support, office equipment vendors, stationary suppliers, cleaning service taxi services, hotels and the like;
- Arrange for and oversee the maintenance of office equipment and IT systems;
- Arrange travel and hotel accommodations for all project-related interventions;
- Manages and administers the procurement, leasing and maintenance;
- Provide report and presentation templates to consultants;
- Organise workshops and project functions by securing venues, ordering lunch and teas, draft and send invitations and agendas, the attendance register and information packets when requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics and Operations or commensurate experience;
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Logistics and office management;
- Requires excellent computer skills (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- Experience in working in a multi cultural team.
- Analytical skills, attention to details, deadline driven and follow through on assigned duties are required;
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong professional ethics, professional presentation;
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work under time tight constraints;
- 2 years’ experience with foreign or international organisations, preferred;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks and in a multicultural environment.
Please send a CV (including references), cover letter and contact information to email@example.com by 11 September 2013, indicating the position to which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
For more information about Chemonics International Inc, refer to www.chemonics.com.