Chemonics International, a leading international development company, seeks to recruit several positions for the ongoing USAID-funded Resilience in the Limpopo River Basin (RESILIM) project. RESILIM is a five-year project aimed at improving transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin across South Africa, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, and Botswana. The project assists the Limpopo Watercourse Commission (LIMCOM) and other regional, national, and local stakeholders to improve transboundary management of the Limpopo River Basin. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world. We are currently recruiting for a bookkeeper to be based in Pretoria.
- Maintain a proper accounting department, checking the project’s internal control system to ensure that the policies and procedures are being adhered to;
- Familiarise self with accounting manual system and follow systems accurately;
- Ensure that the payroll forms are accurate and fully completed in accordance with the requirements of the relevant local laws of South Africa;
- Track staff annual, sick, without pay, and floating holiday leave balances for local staff.
- On a monthly basis, update and distribute mileage rates to all staff members.
- Maintain prepare monthly project locals according to project guidelines;
- Prepare coding sheets and attach supporting documentations for payments;
- Maintenance of the inventory tracker and performing quarterly audits.
- Ensure that final vendor selection is within established guidelines;
- Ensure that the documentation for procurement is being filed according;
- Reconciling creditor payments and sundry payments to invoices and supplier statements;
- Review employees travel expenses reports;
- Track sub ledger balances.
Skill Requirements - Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or certificate in Bookkeeping / Accounting / Finance or equivalent training;
- 3-5 years’ experience in finance / accounting;
- 2 years’ experience with foreign or international organisations, preferred;
- Analytical skills, attention to details, and follow through on assigned duties are required;
- Requires excellent computer skills (QuickBooks, Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook);
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong professional ethics, professional presentation;
- Must be self-motivated, innovative and able to work under time tight constraints;
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team on multiple tasks and in a multicultural environment.
Please send a CV (including references), cover letter and contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 September 2013, indicating the position to which you are applying in the subject line. No telephone inquiries, please. Only finalists will be contacted.
For more information about Chemonics International Inc, refer to www.chemonics.com.