Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR)
Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is an innovator in preventing violence and building peaceful societies. The Centre adopts a multi-disciplinary approach to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace locally, continentally and globally.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior Researcher, based in Johannesburg.
The Senior Researcher will be responsible for planning and implementing research relating to community intervention projects aimed at preventing violence and healing its effects. The projects relate to state violence, collective violence, gender-based violence, xenophobia and torture. The research will seek to strengthen CSVR interventions, document their impact, and help build our society’s understanding of violence.
- Design appropriate learning, monitoring and evaluation processes for community intervention projects;
- Conduct and oversee LME research;
- Feed research findings back to intervention and strategic teams;
- Write up and publish research findings
- Mentor staff and build research capacity among staff;
- Network with other intervention projects and build LME capacity in the sector;
- Contribute to funding proposal development
- Contribute to strategic thinking regarding CSVR research and community intervention work.
- Master’s degree, preferably in social sciences;
- Expertise in learning, monitoring and evaluation methodologies;
- Minimum of five years experience in conducting research, particularly within NGO environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge of violence prevention, psycho-social intervention, gender violence, torture, and/or political violence;
- Strong communication, training and presentation skills;
- Ability to mentor and build capacity in a team;
- Report writing skills, and record of publications;
- Fluency in English and preferably in at least one African language
- Ability to be innovate, to manage workload and work independently with little supervision.
CSVR offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, please send your CV, a writing sample and the names and contact details of three references to Angie Emmett at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.