Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a multi-disciplinary institute involved in research, policy formation, community interventions, service delivery, education and training, as well as providing consultancy services. The primary goal of CSVR is to use its expertise in building reconciliation, democracy and a human rights culture and in preventing violence in South Africa and in other countries in Africa.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior Psychosocial Professional, based in Johannesburg.
The person will provide an oversight of clinical systems, ensure quality assurance of clinical work and provide psychosocial/therapeutic interventions to individuals, families and groups who are affected by violence and torture.
- Providing clinical interventions to survivors of violence and torture;
- Adherence to clinical systems and procedures;
- Engaging with M&E and model refinement, as well as development of family counselling model;
- Participate in activities to ensure the continual improvement of the clinical systems and process;
- Oversee case management within the clinic;
- Contribute to report and proposal writing as it applies to clinical work;
- Participate in capacity building activities for students and other relevant service providers;
- Participating in developing a referral network for service providers;
- Coaching, mentorship and quality assurance of junior clinical staff;
- Adhere to individual and group supervision requirements;
- Participate in the development and fostering of linkages between clinical and community work.
- Qualified psychologist or social worker, registered with the relevant professional body
- Master’s degree in Social Work or Psychology;
- Experience in clinical work with previous exposure to the field of traumatic stress;
- Minimum of five years experience in working with families and children;
- Minimum of five years experience in working with adults;
- Minimum of five years experience with NGOs;
- Experience of clinical systems, protocols and procedures;
- Experience and exposure to M&E protocols;
- Prior experience in providing therapy and counselling to survivors of violence and torture;
- Good Verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience in providing support and mentorship to other mental health/psychosocial professional;
- Facilitation skills
- Analysing and problem solving skills
- Service orientated
- Counselling Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Basic Human Resource Management
- Planning and Organising skills.
To apply, submit a CV to Melissa Harry at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.