Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is an innovator in preventing violence and building peaceful societies. The Centre adopts a multi-disciplinary approach to understand and prevent violence, heal its effects and build sustainable peace locally, continentally and globally.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Senior Psychosocial Professional, based in Johannesburg.
The successful candidate will provide an oversight of clinical system, ensure quality assurance of clinical work and provide psychosocial/therapeutic interventions to individuals, families and groups who are affected by violence and torture.
This is a 12 month contract.
- Provide clinical interventions to survivors of violence and torture;
- Ensure adherence to clinical systems and procedures;
- Engage with M&E and model refinement processes;
- Ensure the continual improvement of the clinical systems and process;
- Oversee case management within the clinic;
- Capacity building activities for students and other relevant service providers;
- Participate in developing a referral network for service providers;
- Coach, mentorship and quality assurance of the clinical staff;
- Liaise with external supervisors and ensure the clinical team’s adherence to individual and group supervision;
- Facilitate linkages between clinical and community work .
- Qualified psychologist or social worker, registered with the relevant professional body;
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or Psychology;
- Experience in clinical work with previous exposure to the field of traumatic stress;
- Minimum for five years’ experience with non-governmental organisations;
- Experience in overseeing of clinical systems, protocols and procedures;
- Experience and exposure to M&E protocols;
- Prior experience in providing therapy and counselling to survivors of violence and torture;
- Good Verbal and written communications skills;
- Experience in providing support and mentorship to other mental health/psychosocial professional;
- Facilitation skills;
- Analysing and problem solving skills;
- Service orientated;
- Counselling skills;
- Leadership skills
- Conflict Management Skills
- Basic Human Resource Management
- Planning and Organising skills
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter with contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.