Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation (CSVR) is a multi-disciplinary institute concerned with policy formation, implementation, service delivery, education and training, as well as providing consultancy services. The primary goal of the CSVR is to use its expertise in building reconciliation, democracy and a human rights culture and in preventing violence in South Africa and in other countries in Africa.
CSVR seeks to appoint a Psycho-social Professional, based in Braamfontein, Johannesburg.
The Psycho-social professional will provide psychosocial support to individuals, families, children and groups who are affected by violence and torture.
- Provide clinical interventions to survivors of violence and torture;
- Adhere to clinical systems and procedures;
- Engage with M&E and model refinement processes;
- Support the continual improvement of the clinical systems and procedures;
- Capacity building for students and other relevant service providers;
- Participate in developing a referral network for service providers.
- Ability to document own work and link it to the model development processes, advocacy work and knowledge generation;
- Ability to understand and deal with the complexities of being a mental health clinician and working with clients who been exposed to severe trauma;
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team setting;
- Ability to deal with critical or constructive feedback;
- Continuing professional development;
- Commitment and passion;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Good work ethic and professional conduct;
- Qualified psychologist or social worker, registered with the relevant professional body;
- Prior experience in working with survivors of violence and torture will be an advantage.
To apply, submit a CV and a motivational letter clearly stating why you believe that your skills and experience make you a suitable candidate to SCombrink@csvr.org.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.