Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation is a multi-disciplinary institute concerned with policy formation, implementation, service delivery, education and training, as well as providing consultancy services. The primary goal of the CSVR is to use its expertise in building reconciliation, democracy and a human rights culture and in preventing violence in South Africa and in other countries in Africa.
The Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation seeks to appoint a Junior Administrator, based in Johannesburg.
This is a one-year contract with the possibility of renewal pending funding.
- Support the Senior project administrator in the planning and organising of workshops and seminars, including logistical support for international conferences;
- Schedule meetings and take minutes;
- Liaise with clients, contractors, partner organisations and stakeholders;
- Assist with maintaining data and files on project activities and information;
- Assist with financial transactions on day to day project activities: keep petty cash; complete cheque requisitions; invoice clients; and track payments;
- Respond to and draft correspondence under supervision;
- Basic research: internet searches, maintain a resource database;
- Provide basic administrative support to the office as a whole when needed regarding contracts, scheduling, shipping, travel, photocopying, faxing, filing, etc.
- Basic editing and formatting of documents.
- Post matric diploma or equivalent qualification;
- Minimum of three years administration experience and familiarity with the NGO sector;
- Interest, knowledge and commitment to issues of human rights;
- An easy approachable manner, excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and ability to work with a variety of different people;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and other applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, internet and email);
- Ability to multi-task, work well under pressure, meet deadlines and be organised and detail-oriented;
- Basic financial skills - creditors, debtors, managing petty cash, cheque processing, etc.
To apply, please send your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
CSVR offers a competitive salary that is commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For more about the Centre for the Study of Violence and Reconciliation, refer to www.csvr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.