Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results
The vision of the Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR) located in the Graduate School of Public & Development Management (P&DM) at the University of the Witwatersrand is is to support development anchored in evidence, learning and mutual accountability. To achieve this, CLEAR Wits provides high quality Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) capacity building and Performance Management (PM) services to government and civil society clients in South Africa, Ghana and Kenya. CLEAR Wits provides training, evaluation, technical advisory services and applied research.
CLEAR Centre Wits seeks to appoint a Director, based in Johannesburg, with excellent understanding of professional and international monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Provide the vision and leadership, develop relationships and work effectively with donors, regional governments, civil society organizations, academia and CLEAR Centers’ academic and administrative staff;
- Manage overall activities and systems, including donor funding requirements and reporting, in alignment with University policies and procedures;
- Develop current and long-term CLEAR goals and objectives in accordance with the CLEAR Initiative Board’s guidance;
- Develop an Africa-wide network to provide top quality M&E services to support evidence based policy making;
- Lead the Centre in its focus on Monitoring and Evaluation of Results taking cognizance of donor and University requirements;
- Oversee quality of CLEAR Wits programmes and functions including monitoring and reporting requirements of the CLEAR Wits academic and administrative team;
- Review and evaluate resource requirements to ensure efficient management of the Centre.
- Doctoral or master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related fields;
- Minimum of ten years professional experience, ideally in M&E, with at least five years at a senior level managing an evaluation function;
- Demonstrate excellent management of support areas and systems, for example, staffing, budgets and marketing activities;
- Seek funds for on-going development and running of the Centre and be available to travel periodically in the continent and beyond;
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Independent and strategic decision making skills;
- Understanding of negotiation skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English is a requirement, French is an advantage);
- Active listening and supervisory skills; ability to work under pressure and prove a fine attention to detail.
A competitive salary package which includes retirement fund and medical aid will be offered depending on qualifications and experience.
CLEAR Wits is donor funded contract renewal is dependent on performance and deliverables and donor funding.
To apply, submit a covering letter together with a CV that includes the name, address and contact details (as well as e-mail addresses) of three referees, copy of identity card and certified copies of degrees/diplomas to Ms Velashka Martin, Human Resources Manager, Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag X3, Wits, 2050, or fax: (011) 717 8170 or e-mail: Velashka.email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about CLEAR, refer to www.theclearinitiative.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information and to make a donation.