Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results: Director
Tuesday, May 1, 2012 - 22:14
Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, May 11, 2012
CLEAR Centre Wits seeks to appoint a Director, based in Johannesburg, with excellent understanding of professional and international monitoring and evaluation standards.
- Provide the vision and leadership, develop relationships and work effectively with donors, regional governments, civil society organizations, academia and CLEAR Centers’ academic and administrative staff;
- Manage overall activities and systems, including donor funding requirements and reporting, in alignment with University policies and procedures;
- Develop current and long-term CLEAR goals and objectives in accordance with the CLEAR Initiative Board’s guidance;
- Develop an Africa-wide network to provide top quality M&E services to support evidence based policy making;
- Lead the Centre in its focus on Monitoring and Evaluation of Results taking cognizance of donor and University requirements;
- Oversee quality of CLEAR Wits programmes and functions including monitoring and reporting requirements of the CLEAR Wits academic and administrative team;
- Review and evaluate resource requirements to ensure efficient management of the Centre.
- Doctoral or master’s degree in Economics, Public Administration, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related fields;
- Minimum of ten years professional experience, ideally in M&E, with at least five years at a senior level managing an evaluation function;
- Demonstrate excellent management of support areas and systems, for example, staffing, budgets and marketing activities;
- Seek funds for on-going development and running of the Centre and be available to travel periodically in the continent and beyond;
- Demonstrate outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Independent and strategic decision making skills;
- Understanding of negotiation skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluency in English is a requirement, French is an advantage);
- Active listening and supervisory skills; ability to work under pressure and prove a fine attention to detail.
CLEAR Wits is donor funded contract renewal is dependent on performance and deliverables and donor funding.
To apply, submit a covering letter together with a CV that includes the name, address and contact details (as well as e-mail addresses) of three referees, copy of identity card and certified copies of degrees/diplomas to Ms Velashka Martin, Human Resources Manager, Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management, University of the Witwatersrand, Private Bag X3, Wits, 2050, or fax: (011) 717 8170 or e-mail: Velashka.email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about CLEAR, refer to www.theclearinitiative.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information and to make a donation.