Centre for Economic Governance and AIDS in Africa (CEGAA)
The Centre for Economic Governance and AIDS in Africa (CEGAA) was founded in 2006 as a regional civil society organisation focused on attaining effective, rights-based and developmental health financing in Africa to enable a comprehensive response to HIV/AIDS.
CEGAA seeks to appoint a Researcher, based in KwaZulu-Natal or Johannesburg.
The Researcher will join CEGAA's team of health economic and public finance researchers to pursue its goal of improving economic governance systems and processes in the health sector in South Africa and elsewhere. The Researcher’s duties and responsibilities will be mainly the coordination and management of all CEGAA’s research activities, budget monitoring and expenditure tracking (BMET) for health, HIV/AIDS and TB, and provision of capacity building and technical support to clients and partners on BMET. In the event that the successful applicant does not reside in this area, he/she should cover his/her own relocation costs.
This is a one year job offer, renewable on availability of funding.
- Coordination of provincial and national budget research activities;
- Support the Director in overseeing completion of the programmatic research projects to an excellent standard and according to the agreed upon timeframes;
- Shared planning, coordination and facilitation of project research, workshops and training;
- Research and Analysis
- Research and analysis activities of CEGAA, which will involve the following responsibilities:
- Technical Support, Content Quality Control and Research
- Providing training, technical support and guidance to the CEGAA clients and other partners, as required;
- Undertaking quality control of all CEGAA programmes and projects, and to ensure quality and conformity with specific project Terms of Reference;
- Undertaking primary research, data collection, capturing and analysis, with preparation of research reports in different formats;
- Reviewing and editing of CEGAA products to ensure quality and accuracy;
- Preparation of programme and project progress reports.
- Dissemination of findings
- Planning, implementation and oversight of project output dissemination and advocacy strategies;
- Assistance to countries and CEGAA Partners in developing their advocacy and dissemination plans;
- Production of relevant peer-reviewed journal articles, popular reports, media briefing, and other relevant outputs.
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics/Economics, Public Health, Public Finance, Humanities, Development or any related field;
- Minimum of three year experience of working in the health sector in health financing research, capacity building and technical support provision;
- Experience of working with government departments especially the Department of Health, NGOs and donors;
- Good interpersonal relations;
- Excellent writing and presentation skills;
- Flexibility, adaptability and willingness to learn;
- Driver’s licence and own transport.
Salary range: Negotiable
To apply, submit a CV and motivational letter to Clinton Langenhoven, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for Economic Governance and AIDS in Africa, refer to www.cegaa.org.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.