Centre for Development and Enterprise (CDE)
The Centre for Development and Enterprise (CDE) is an independent policy research and nonprofit advocacy organisation. It is one of South Africa's leading development think tanks, focusing on critical development issues and their relationship to economic growth and democratic consolidation. Through examining South African realities and international experience, CDE formulates practical policy proposals outlining ways in which South Africa can tackle major social and economic challenges. CDE has a special focus on the role of business and markets in development.
CDE seeks to appoint a Policy Analyst / Community engagement Specialist, based in Johannesburg.
- Policy research and analysis;
- Conducting of special investigations;
- Writing and editing;
- Production of high-quality reports and other outputs;
- Networking with diverse stakeholders;
- Representation of CDE in the “field”;
- Any other duties.
- Master’s degree in Political Science, Economics, Journalism or other relevant fields (will be preferred);
- Minimum of five years experience either of policy analysis in academia, public institutions, NGOs or think-tanks, or in investigative journalism (will be preferred);
- Honours degree in Political Science, Economics, Journalism, History or other relevant fields;
- Three years’ experience either of policy analysis in academia, public institutions, NGOs or think-tanks, or in investigative journalism;
- Code B driver’s licence;
- Politically informed and astute;
- Well networked;
- Excellent writing skills, notably for non-academic audiences;
- Ability to engage with a diverse range of interests and communities;
- Ability to travel/street-wise;
- Adaptability/responsiveness to change;
- Outgoing personality;
- Sound judgement skills;
- Energetic and self-starter;
- Fluency in three or more of South Africa’s official languages;
- Subscribes to CDE’s core values.
To apply, submit a brief CV, a one-page motivational letter setting out your interest in and suitability for the job, names and contact details of three referees to email@example.com. This position is open to all South African Citizens.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Correspondence will be entered into with shortlisted candidates only. Original proof of academic qualifications will be required from shortlisted candidates.
The Centre for Development and Enterprise reserves the right not to make an appointment.
For more about the Centre for Development and Enterprise, refer to www.cde.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.