Centre for Conflict Resolution
The Centre for Conflict Resolution (CCR) was established as an independent nonprofit organisation by the University of Cape Town in 1968. The CCR has developed an international reputation for excellence and has solid expertise in training, mediation, and policy research and development. The organisation aims to contribute towards a just and sustainable peace in Africa by promoting constructive, creative and cooperative approaches to the resolution of conflict through training, policy development, research and capacity-building.
The Mediation and Training Services Project (MTS) is one of CCR’s projects that facilitates peace building at community, government and civil society levels in South Africa, as well as in other SADC countries such as Lesotho and Swaziland; and contributes to the management and resolution of significant political community conflict in the Western Cape and the prevention of violent conflict through mediation, conflict resolution training and capacity-building activities.
The CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Trainer/Senior Project Officer - MTS, based in Cape Town.
This is a nine-month contract position.
- Conduct training in mediation, conflict transformation and conflict management;
- Design and implement training programmes and other interventions;
- Write reports, proposals and other programmatic documents;
- Assess, monitor and evaluate interventions;
- Manage the process of accredited training material compilation on conflict resolution, mediation, alternate dispute resolution mechanisms and early warning indicators;
- Liaise with relevant Sector Education and Training Authority (SETA) and subject matter experts; and
- Build and maintain the profile of the project within CCR and with external role-players.
- Master’s degree in international relations, human rights, African politics or other relevant social sciences;
- Minimum of three years relevant experience within an academic/research environment;
- Experience in designing and implementing training programmes;
- Experience in conducting mediations, conflict transformation and conflict management training;
- Training/research and report-writing skills;
- Experience in developing accredited training material and liaising with the SETA’s
- Experience and knowledge of Western Cape, South African and African politics, and/or approaches to conflict resolution in Africa;
- Dynamic, self-motivated and be able to work independently.
Starting date: Immediately.
To apply, submit a CV, motivation letter with ‘Senior Project Officer - MTS‘ in the subject line and a sample of your writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.