Centre for Conflict Resolution: Senior Researchers
Centre for Conflict Resolution
The CCR seeks to appoint two Senior Researchers in its Policy Development and Research Project (PDR), based in Cape Town.
This is an exciting opportunities to join at the start of a four-year peacebuilding programme (2012 – 2016).
The Policy Development and Research project has an established background in conducting policy research on how to prevent and manage conflicts in the region, including Africa’s evolving security architecture and on responding effectively to African conflicts. The main focus of this postition is to write, edit, and manage projects and staff.
- Write and edit reports, policy briefs, and books;
- Build an effective and motivated cluster team;
- Identify relevant research areas and conduct research projects;
- Lead and supervise researchers;
- Undertake research and provide research guidance;
- Write and present seminar reports;
- Communicate and publish research findings; and
- Act as a CCR ambassador and lead the Project team in building and maintaining the profile of the Centre internally and externally.
- Proven research and excellent report, journal, and proposal-writing skills in English;
- Management skills;
- Master’s degree in international relations, African politics, or other relevant social sciences. A PhD will be an advantage;
- Strong writing and editorial skills;
- Knowledge of South Africa’s foreign policy, the UN, the EU, the MDGs, and security and development issues;
- Minimum of three years relevant experience within an academic/research environment;
- Experience in conducting research programmes in Africa;
- Experience and knowledge of African politics and/or approaches to conflict resolution in Africa;
- Knowledge of continental issues and institutions;
- Highly developed analytical skills with attention to detail;
- Vibrant, self-motivated and able to work independently to deadlines.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample and motivation letter telling why you believe you are suitable for the post, to Karin Pretorius at Recruitment@ccr.uct.ac.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are requested to head their application as follow: “Vacancy – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name”.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.