Centre for Conflict Resolution: Senior Manager - Conflict Intervention & Peacebuilding Support Projects
Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 16:58
Centre for Conflict Resolution
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Tuesday, May 8, 2012
The CCR seeks to appoint a Senior Manager - Conflict Intervention & Peacebuilding Support Projects (CIPS), based in Cape Town.
This is an exciting opportunities to join at the start of a four-year peacebuilding programme (2012 – 2016)
The person will provide leadership, vision, direction, and support to two projects, which provide conflict resolution support and training in African countries such as South Africa, Lesotho, Swaziland, Burundi, DR Congo and Sudan.
- Contribute to CCR vision and leadership and to provide vision and strategic leadership to the CIPS and National projects;
- Build an effective and motivated cluster team;
- Write and edit training manuals, proposals, and progress reports;
- Contribute to and facilitate conflict resolution /mediation training interventions;
- Facilitate the effective Financial and Management of the projects;
- Lead and guide income-generating strategies;
- Act as a CCR ambassador and to lead the Programme teams (in the areas of gender and peacebuilding; human rights; conflict management; HIV/AIDS; local government; Xenophobia; school violence) in building and maintaining the profile of the cluster internally and externally.
- Minimum of three years experience at senior management level, preferably within an NGO or government;
- Master’s or Doctoral degree in international relations, human rights, African politics or other relevant social sciences;
- Excellent writing and editing skills;
- Experience in conducting/facilitating conflict resolution and gender, Human Rights and HIV/AIDS training programmes in Africa;
- Extensive experience and knowledge of African politics and/or conflict resolution in Africa;
- Financial, staff and project management experience;
- Well-connected to international and national conflict resolution networks; and
- Speaking and writing French would be advantageous.
This position requires national, continental and international travel.
To apply, submit a CV, a writing sample and motivation letter telling why you believe you are suitable for the post, to Karin Pretorius at Recruitment@ccr.uct.ac.za.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Applicants are requested to head their application as follow: “Vacancy – followed by the position you are applying for – followed by your name”.
For more about the Centre for Conflict Resolution, refer to www.ccr.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow and support the 2012 SANGONeT "No Pain No Gain" fundraising and awareness-raising campaign. Refer to www.ngopulse.org/npng for more information.