Center for Justice and Crime Prevention (CJCP)
The Center for Justice and Crime Prevention (CJCP) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Mowbray, Cape Town, which aims to develop, inform and promote crime and violence prevention policy and practice in South Africa and other selected developing countries.
CJCP seeks to appoint a Researcher, based in Cape Town.
This is a three year position, subject to performance and funding.
- Undertake rigorous survey and qualitative researchin the field of youth and child violence prevention;
- Manage survey field teams and large-scale research projects;
- Collect, analyse and interpret data from research projects;
- Write decriptive, analytical and evaluate research projects;
- Liase with project partners and key stakeholders;
- Positively promote the work of the CJCP and its activities;
- Assist in the publication and dissemination of research findings.
- Post-graduate degree in social science, psycology, development or criminal justice field;
- Practical research experience;
- Strong communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- An ability to multi-task;
- Ability to function under constant levels of pressure;
- Effective organisational and project management skills;
- Exhibit individual initiative;
- Experience in the Microsoft Office Suite of applications;
- Proven knowledge of SPSS;
- Knowledge of Epi-Info would be an advantage;
- A drivers licence;
- Willingness to travel.
Salary: The CJCP offers a competative package, commensurate with experience.
To apply, submit a detailed CV (including the contact details of two referees), and a motivational letter as to why you would be suitable for this position to Rene Kiewiet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The CJCP supports employment equity and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
For more about the Center for Justice and Crime Prevention, refer to www.cjcp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.