Center for Justice and Crime Prevention (CJCP)
The Center for Justice and Crime Prevention (CJCP) is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) based in Mowbray, Cape Town, which aims to develop, inform and promote crime and violence prevention policy and practice in South Africa and other selected developing countries.
CJCP seeks to appoint a Finance and Project Assistant, based in Cape Town.
This is a three year contract position, subject to performance and funding
- Monthly Creditors reconciliations;
- Cashbook and bank reconciliations;
- Timeous prepare required documentation for payments;
- Debtors invoicing and debt collections;;
- Update and oversee fixed asset register;
- Assist with receptions duties;
- Oversee leave control and update data;
- Assist with funders contracts and reporting;
- Reconcile petty cash and cotrol of vouchers;
- Manage events - venue, transport, catering, invitations, registration, etc;
- Sourcing quotes and complete purchase orders.
- Ability to prioritise;
- Take initiative and able to work independently;
- Good time management and organisational skills;
- Valid code 8 drivers licence;
- Good working knowledge of MS Word & Excel, internet and email;
- Bookkeeping experience;
- Pastel or other accounting package experience;
- Able to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines;
- Able to travel when required;
- Willingness to learn and be a team player.
To apply, submit a detailed CV (including the contact details of two referees), and a motivational letter as to why you would be suitable for this position to Rene Kiewiet at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
The CJCP supports employment equity and persons from previously disadvantaged groups are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Center for Justice and Crime Prevention, refer to www.cjcp.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.