CATHCA - Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa
Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa (CATHCA) is an associate body of the Southern Africa Catholic Bishops’ Conference, a nonprofit organisation serving Catholic healthcare organisations in South Africa, Botswana and Swaziland.
CATHCA seeks to appoint a part-time Finance Officer, based in Johannesburg.
This successful candidate will be an experienced and mature Senior Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant looking for a part-time position in a small but busy NGO, to work a 30-hour week, with flexible hours. .
- Monthly processing of cash book, debtors, creditors, journals, assets;
- Manage petty cash, payments and cash flow;
- Monthly and annual statutory returns;
- Manage and control programme budgets in conjunction with programme managers;
- Preparation of monthly management accounts to balance sheet;
- Preparation of quarterly financial and narrative reports for Finance Committee, Board and funders;
- Production of budgets and revised forecasts on an annual and ad-hoc basis;
- Prepare year-end schedules and working papers for audit and liaise with the auditors.
- Post-matriculation accounting qualification and experience at Balance Sheet level;
- Computer literacy in Pastel, MS Office;
- Understanding of Catholic Church teaching and ethos;
- Fluency in English;
- Experience in working with NGO accounts.
Remuneration: Salary linked to experience and qualifications, and in terms of NGO salary guidelines.
To apply, submit a CV, motivational letter and the names / contact details of three current referees to email@example.com, or post to The Administrator, CATHCA, P O Box 52015, 2132 Saxonwold, fax: 011 880 4084
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries : 011 880 4022
Only those shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about the Catholic Health Care Association of Southern Africa, refer to www.cathca.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.