Career Planet is a nonprofit, public benefit organisation that links people with training and career-related opportunities by providing career and skills development information with a strong focus on scarce skills and sustainable self-employment.
Career Planet seeks to appoint a Career Advisor Volunteer, based in Cape Town.
S/he will help within the career advice section.
- Inform and counsel youth on career and study-related matters by compiling or commissioning relevant, factual and up-to-date information to their questions;
- Identify and build a database of reputable and reliable experts/sources to generate responses to youth-generated career and study queries;
- Archive and arrange answers/secure additional resources where applicable to include in responses such as links to concrete organisations and institutions that can assist youth with setbacks including funding or bursary bodies.
- Minimum of one year experience in career advising and youth development content;
- Ability to work unsupervised;
- Computer literacy;
- Strong writing skills and good language skills;
- Strong research skills (using the internet but also good old fashioned cold-calling);
- Strong networking skills with contacts in the educational / career development sector;
- Experience in couselling
- Experience in working with youth or on youth - related issues;
- Knowledge of South Africa' s educational system;
- Knowledge of the SETA system;
- Self-driven with strong organisational skills;
- Ability to meet deadlines;
- Internet access;
- Ability to get things done on a limited budget by being creative and establishing strong contact base.
To apply, submit a CV, two contactable referees to Karin Fuchsloch at email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
For more about Career Planet, refer to www.careerplanet.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.