Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC)
The Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC) is a South African nonprofit, non-government organisation that works with vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers. We strive to improve the quality of life of refugees and asylum seekers by meeting their basic needs on a short-term basis, and enabling them to become self-reliant and self-sufficient through various empowerment opportunities.
Cape Town Refugee Centre seeks to appoint a Senior Social Worker, based in Wynberg, Cape Town.
The successful person will oversee the Psycho Social Intervention team within Cape Town Refugee Centre; and is accountable to the Programme Director/Coordinator for achievement of targets in this area. S/he is responsible for the day-to-day running of the psycho-social interventions.
- Provide all levels of Social work Services, especially statutory services;
- Oversee and effectively manage the Psycho Social Intervention Programme within CTRC including, but not limited to:
- Develop an annual work plan and ensure that interventions are on time, within budget and achieving targeted results;
- Oversee of psycho social intervention team;
- Technical and administrative supervision of Programme implementation, including budget reporting and monitoring;
- Regular report writing for donors;
- Provide social work advice to management on changes to existing programme and developing innovative programmes;
- Oversee administration, case work and service provision to special needs groups;
- In coordination and consultation with the Social Cohesion team, develop and implement community interventions, conduct group sessions and trainings;
- Coordination and maintenance of networking relationships with various organisations in the Western and Eastern Cape;
- In conjunction with other relevant stakeholders including designated child protection organisations providing statutory services, initiate, refer, write reports and follow up on cases of children in need of protection and care; oversee provision of services by social worker to unaccompanied minors.
- Social Work, work degree post-graduation degree preferred;
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience as a Social Worker within South Africa;
- Minimum of three years working experience in statutory work;
- Registered Social Worker in South Africa (submit registration number);
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Valid code B driver’s licence;
- Significant and demonstrable experience guiding and mentoring social workers and support staff;
- Excellent management and organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills;
- Experience conducting training;
- Familiar with legal issues, social services and human rights issues surrounding refugees and asylum seekers;
- Experience in statutory services for children, beneficial.
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
If we have not contact you within two weeks after the closing date, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about Cape Town Refugee Centre, refer to www.ctrc.co.za/mc/home.html.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.