Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC)
The Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC) is a South African nonprofit organisation and an implementing partner for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The organisation’s mission is to assist vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers, residing in the Western Cape, with Psycho-Social, Self-reliance and education services.
Cape Town Refugee Centre seeks to appoint a motivated Senior Social Worker, based in Cape Town.
The person will be the Manager of the Psycho Social Intervention Team within Cape Town Refugee Centre; and is accountable to the Director for achievement of targets in this area. S/he will be responsible for the day-to-day management of the psycho-social interventions, supervision of two full-time staff members and programme interns. The Senior Social Worker is a key member of the management team and is involved in strategic decision making, acting as a technical advisor to the Director.
- Minimum of an honour’s degree in social work, Master’s degree will be preferred;
- Minimum of five years experience as a social worker within South Africa;
- Registration as Social worker in South Africa (submit registration number);
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Valid code B driver’s licence;
- Significant and demonstrable experience supervising and mentoring social workers and other employees;
- Excellent management and leadership capacity, organizational skills as well as written and oral communication skills;
- Experience conducting training for Social Workers and other groups;
- Familiar with legal issues, social services and human rights issues surrounding refugees and asylum seekers;
- Experience in statutory services for children, beneficial.
Lead and effectively manage the Psycho Social Intervention Programme within CTRC including, but not limited to:
- Develop an annual work plan and ensure that interventions are on time, within budget and achieving targeted results;
- Supervision of two full time staff and Social work/ interns, including regular performance review;
- Technical and administrative supervision of Programme implementation, including budget reporting and monitoring;
- Regular report writing for donors;
- Provide social work advice to management team on changes to existing programme and developing innovative programmes for subsequent years;
- Supervise administration, case work and service provision to special needs groups;
- Assisting Social Worker(s) and Auxiliary Social Worker with complex cases and referrals to other organisations;
- Consultation with selected clients to assist them with social assistance and advice as needed;
- In coordination and consultation with the Education and Advocacy Social Worker, develop and implement community interventions, conduct group sessions and trainings;
- Attendance of relevant in-house, community and donor meetings; disseminating relevant information to CTRC staff and volunteers;
- Assist the Director with the development of funding proposals, providing technical advice in the field of social work and social assistance;
- Co-ordination and maintenance of networking relationships with various organizations in the Western Cape;
- In conjunction with other relevant stakeholders including designated child protection organisations providing statutory services, initiate, refer, write reports and follow up on cases of children in need of protection and care; supervise provision of services by social worker to unaccompanied minors.
To apply, submit CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Cape Town Refugee Centre, refer to www.ctrc.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Follow news, information and updates from SANGONeT and NGO Pulse on Twitter at http://twitter.com/SANGONeT.