Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC)
The Cape Town Refugee Centre (CTRC) is a South African nonprofit, non-government organisation that works with vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers. We strive to improve the quality of life of refugees and asylum seekers by meeting their basic needs on a short-term basis, and enabling them to become self-reliant and self-sufficient through various empowerment opportunities.
Cape Town Refugee Centre seeks to appoint a Programme Director/Coordinator. This is a renewable one-year contract based in the CTRC Wynberg office in Cape Town.
Reporting to the Board, the Programme Director/Coordinator will be responsible for leading the internal operations of the organisation. Other key areas of responsibility include: strategic and operational planning; ensuring overall operational coherence; evaluation; resource mobilisation and capacity building.
- Ability to lead and supervise staff;
- Develop programme strategies, lobbying and advocacy pertaining refugee issues;
- Develop and write funding proposals, including reports to donors;
- Ensure qualitative service delivery;
- Liaising with relevant stakeholders;
- Accountable to the Board on the management and co-ordination of the organisation.
- Postgraduate in Social Science, preferably in Social Work will be an advantage;
- Minimum of ten years management experience, of which five years should be in an NPO setting;
- Valid driver’s licence;
- Good project management and organizations skills;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, networking and advocacy skills;
- Experience in fundraising and ability to work with budgets;
- Fluency in written and spoken English with good report and proposal writing skills;
- South African indigenous language as a Second Language;
- Ability to work under pressure and set priorities;
- Knowledge of Children’s Act and Statutory services, preferably knowledge of the Refugee Act;
- Passion to work with refugees, in a multicultural and multidisciplinary approach.
To apply, submit a CV with three contactable references to email@example.com.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more about Cape Town Refugee Centre, refer to www.ctrc.co.za/mc/home.html.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.