Cape Town Refugee Centre
The Cape Town Refugee Centre is a South African nonprofit organisation and an implementing partner for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR). The organisation’s mission is to assist vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers, residing in the Western Cape, with Psycho-Social, Self-reliance and education services.
Cape Town Refugee Centre seeks to appoint a Director, based in Cape Town.
The person will provide leadership and take care of the management and implementation of Cape Town Refugee Centre‘s programmes.
- Ability to lead and supervise the staff;
- Develop Programme strategy including lobbying and advocacy on universal human rights;
- Develop and write funding proposals, including reporting to donors;
- Ensure qualitative service delivery;
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders operating in the refugee field;
- Accountable to the Board of Directors regard centre management.
- Postgraduate in social science graduate, preferably in social work;
- Minimum of 10 years managerial experience of which five years should be in an nonprofit organisation;
- Fluency in written and spoken English with good report and proposal writing skills;
- Good project management and organisations skills, including the ability to work with budgets;
- Experience in fundraising and ability to demonstrate an understanding of and compliance with organizational and donor financial procedures;
- Good time management skills, an ability to work under pressure and set priorities;
- Strong communication, interpersonal, representational skills and networking and advocacy skills
- Preferably knowledge of the Refugee Act as well as knowledge of children’s act and statutory services;
- Passion to work with vulnerable refugees and asylum seekers;
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary setting;
- Valid driver’s licence.
To apply, submit CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not be contacted within two weeks, consider your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Cape Town Refugee Centre, refer to www.ctrc.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.