Cape Mental Health Society: Job Coach - Learnerships
Wednesday, April 4, 2012 - 12:04
Cape Mental Health Society
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, April 13, 2012
The CMHS is currently implementing a one-year Learnership Programme for 100 participants in Hygiene and Cleaning (NQF level 1) and Business Administration (NQF level 2).
The CMHS seeks to appoint a Job Coach - Learnerships, based in Observatory, Cape Town.
S/he will work closely with the project team, training provider and host employers and assist around 25 participants who are mainly persons living with either intellectual or psychiatric disability, to achieve one of the above qualifications. S/he will help participants find sustainable employment to earn a living wage.
S/he will contribute to the achievement of CMHS’s contractual obligations with the relevant SETA.
- Experience working with persons with intellectual or psychiatric disability;
- Skills development training and mentoring experience is crucial;
- Problem solving abilities;
- Think on his/her feet;
- Team worker;
- Interpersonal, problem solving and organisational skills;
- Communication and report writing skills;
- Honesty and integrity;
- Accommodating and supportive;
- Computer literacy Microsoft Office will be advantage.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Indicate whether you are applying, with preference to the Intellectual- or Psychiatric Disability position.
For more about the Cape Mental Health Society, refer to www.capementalhealth.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies..