Cape Mental Health
Cape Mental Health is a nonprofit organisation based in Observatory, Cape Town, which offers a comprehensive mental health service in the Western Cape.
Cape Mental Health seeks to appoint a a dynamic, high energy, proactive, qualified and skilled Finance Manager, based in Cape Town.
This person is expected to have excellent people skills and problem solving abilities.
- Manage the finance department;
- Manage cashflow and forecasts;
- Produce monthly management accounts;
- Complete financial statements, budgets and reports as required;
- Complete the annual financial statements in a format which is ready for the audit;
- Coordinate and manage internal & external auditing processes;
- Manage the payroll and personnel deductions;
- Liaise and network with auditors, pension fund, funders, financial sector, etc;
- Regular consultation with managers who are responsible for projects and programmes and the fundraising department;
- Basic financial training and development of staff;
- Risk management, control and governance processes.
- Accounting qualification – B.Comm or equivalent with at least five years accounting and financial experience;
- Willingness to understand and work in the disability sector;
- Sound knowledge of the legal framework and financial standards/practices;
- Highly ethical approach to business;
- Code 08 manual driver’s licence;
- Good financial leadership and supervisory skills;
- Ability to communicate at all levels;
- Excellent verbal and written skills;
- Computer literate in finance packages and other – Excel, Accpac, Pastel and Microsoft Powerpoint.
To apply, submit a CV, contact details of referees and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to Director, Cape Mental Health, Private Bag X7, Observatory 7935.
Please indicate in your cover note in which media you first saw this advert - NGO Pulse Portal.
All applications will be treated confidentiality.
For more about Cape Mental Health Society, refer to www.capementalhealth.co.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Need to upgrade your NGO's technology capacity and infrastructure? Need software and hardware at significantly discounted prices? Refer to the SANGOTeCH online technology donation and discount portal at www.sangotech.org.