Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA)
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in Amatole Region, Eastern Cape.
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes
- Be active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability.
- Tertiary qualification in primary health care (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre-requisite);
- Experience in community-based primary health care, community development, palliative/oncology nursing and lymphoedema management is required;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential;
- Certified driver’s license is a definite a pre-requisite;
- Strictly non-smoker.
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community Volunteers;
- Public speaking/educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Counselling/humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Strong fundraising initiatives that are mainly ‘community based NGO background will take preference.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 June 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Manager - Amatole Region, Michelle Goddard at email@example.com or fax to: 086 512 8472.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application was unsuccessful.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.