Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA)
The Cancer Association of South Africa (CANSA) is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in George, Southern Cape with travelling in the region.
- Mobilise and develop communities to deliver the CANSA’s health programmes
- Be active in initiating income generation (fundraising) activities to ensure sustainability.
- Participate in Community, volunteer education and training.
- Qualification in primary health care with previous experience in community-based primary health care and community development is required;
- Screening projects;
- Project management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community Volunteers;
- Public speaking /educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Counselling/humanitarian skillsl
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Interpersonal Skills and Compassion;
- Ability to comply to all deadlines;
- NGO background will take preference.
- Pro-active team worker, have extensive knowledge of facilitating intervention of patients infected or affected by chronic illnesses, excellent communication and counselling skills;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential, including Microsoxft Excel;
- Own vehicle essential;
- Certified driver’s licence is a definite a pre-requisite. PDP will be an advantage;
- Strictly non-smoker.
Starting date: 01 August 2013 or sooner pending availability.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
To apply, submit a CV and motivation letter with a certified copy of ID, proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Ms Ronel Rademeyer – Regional Manager – Southern Cape Region at email@example.com or fax to: 086 542 4125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Should you not receive a response from us within 30 days, consider your application was unsuccessful.
CANSA is an equal opportunity employer.
For more about CANSA, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.