CANSA Southern Cape Karoo (George)
CANSA - the Cancer Association of South Africa is a nonprofit organisation set up to fight cancer and offer support to cancer sufferers.
CANSA seeks to appoint a Community Mobiliser, based in Southern Cape Region, George with travelling in the region.
- Mobilise and develop communities and volunteers to deliver the objectives of CANSA’s Health programmes;
- Participate in income generation, fundraising activities to ensure sustainability;
- Participate in community, volunteer education and training.
- Registration as Nurse with SANC. (proof of registration and paid-up fees a pre- requisite);
- Experience screening projects;
- Project Management experience;
- Management/nurturing of community volunteers;
- Public speaking/educational health presentations;
- Excellent communication and written skills;
- Counselling/humanitarian skills;
- Ability to deliver results at all times that meet CANSA’s benchmark standards;
- Interpersonal skills and Compassion;
- Ability to comply to all deadlines;
- NGO background will take preference;
- Experience in community development would be an advantage and is preferred;
- Microsoft knowledge is essential, including Microsoft Excel;
- Own vehicle essential;
- Certified driver’s license is a definite a pre-requisite. PDP advantageous;
- Strictly non-smoker.
Salary: Negotiable within CANSA’s grading scales.
Starting date: 1 July 2013 or sooner pending availability.
To apply, submit a CV, certified copy of your ID and proof of highest/latest diploma/degree to the Regional Manager - Southern Cape Region, Ronel Rademeyer at email@example.com or fax to: 086 542 4125.
Please quote the source of this advertisement in your application - NGO Pulse Portal.
Enquiries: Tel: +27 44 874 4824.
CANSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Should you not receive a response from in 30 days, consider that your application unsuccessful.
For more about the Cancer Association of South Africa, refer to www.cansa.org.za.
For other vacancies in the NGO sector, refer to www.ngopulse.org/vacancies.
Want to reach the widest spectrum of NGO and development stakeholders in South Africa as part of your communication and outreach objectives? Learn more about how the NGO Pulse Premium Advertising Service can support your communication requirements. Visit http://goo.gl/MUCvL for more information.