Call for Proposals: RESILIM Project - Website Design
Association for Water And Rural Development (AWARD)
Association for Water and Rural Development (AWARD) is a NGO in South Africa that works on water supply in the broader context of managing water resources and their wise use, with a focus on learning about water security issues in the Sand River Catchment area.
AWARD is calling for proposals for its RESILIM Project - Website Design.
AWARD requires to procure services with regard to the following:
- Website design and development - required features and optional features;
- Initial Content Upload;
- Website Deployment (installation);
- Documentation - User Manual;
- Training - General use of the webpage (all staff);
- Training - Administrators.
The RESILIM project requires a dynamic website built on a Content Management System (CMS) platform. The website will enable the RESILIM Project to share with its stakeholders practices and lessons learned in its various activities. Among others, the following information will be published on the website for public users:
- Project mission goal, objectives and outcomes;
- Project interventions and pilots;
- Outputs (progress reports, profiles, fact sheets, special studies and assessments reports, minutes, presentations, etc);
- Profiles of members of staff and partners / donors;
- Events calendar;
- Maps - showing where the project is being implemented;
- Data storage and sharing for internal and external purposes;
- News; and
- Contact information.
|Inception Report||This report will describe in detail the methodological approaches that the Consultant will use in achieving the objective of the assignment. A schedule of planned activities will form a critical part of the inception report.||Aug 2013|
|Meeting/workshop for inception report presentation||The Consultant will present the Inception Report to the client before any work progresses. This will be an opportunity to ensure that the Consultant and the Client have the same understanding on the ToRs and the methodological approaches adopted.||Aug 2013|
|Design of the page structure||Proposal of website structure and functions||Aug 2013|
|Initial Content Upload||Website with basic functionalities (upload and browse information)||Sept 2013|
|Training Manuals for Project Staff and Administrators developed||Guides on RESILIM Project website management||Sept 2013|
|Website Deployment (installation) – on line||Website hosted and tested||Oct 2013|
|Documentation - User Manual and Training - General use of the website (all staff)||Training manual and people trained||Oct 2013|
Prospective website consultancies are invited to submit proposals with quotations for the development and implementation of the RESILIM Project website. The website should satisfy the requirements specified in these terms of reference.
In preparing the proposal the respondents are required to observe the following instructions.
Respondents must provide a brief proposal with the following details:
- Profile of the company and proposed consultant(s) or, if not linked to any company, the profile of the consultant(s);
- Details of the proposed website development and how it will be implemented;
- Previous relevant experience;
- Period of warranty and details of kind of support that will be provided during that period; and
- Pricing information as per model pricing schedule below (but not restricted to):
|Item||Unit||Quantity||Unit Price (ZAR)||Sub-total (ZAR)|
|Website Development – Required features||days|
|Initial Content Upload (DataMigration)||days|
|Website Deployment (installation)||days|
|Documentation - End-User Manual||copies||10|
|Documentation - Administrator's Manual||copies||6|
|Training – End Users (X people)||days|
|Training – Administrators (X people)||days|
|Software Products (List if any)|
|Travel & Accommodation|
|Total Exc. VAT|
|Total Inc. VAT|
- Experience with computers and internet;
- Postgraduate degree in computer science; and
- Minimum of five years’ experience on design and creation of websites.
Period of warranty means the web developer should provide a minimum of months after completion of the website, the RESILIM Project will have a warranty, in which software errors/bugs will be fixed free of change.
RESILIM Project is not obliged to award this consultancy work to the lowest priced offer or any respondent.
Enquiries: Kelvin Chabala, E-mail: email@example.com;
For more about Association for Water and Rural Development, refer to www.award.org.za/home.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.