The Foschini Group (TFG) is calling for proposals from registered nonprofit organisations (NPOs) with a proven track record in creating opportunities for employment.
Applicants should submit proposals for projects that:
- Will lead to opportunities for employment, especially for people aged 18 - 35 who make up the highest proportion of unemployed people in the country;
- Benefit historically disadvantaged people - project beneficiaries should be at least 75 percent black (as per the definition in the BBBEE codes);
- Will be implemented by a registered NPO with a proven track record, strong governance, and thorough monitoring and evaluation systems; and
- Projects that give people skills and/or create jobs will be given preference.
What TFG does not fund:
- Individuals who are looking for donations and/or sponsorships;
- Political organisations/individuals;
- Community-based organisations;
- Religious organisations except those with a social service programme that operates separately from the religious organisation. The programme must have its own NPO/NGO number, and must have its own Mission Statement.
- Commercial ventures like sponsorships, e.g. sporting tours or events, conferences, exhibitions or cultural events;
- Paid advertisements in charity brochures, event programmes or general fundraising printed material for events such as fundraising dinners or golf days;
- Profit making organisations, such as Closed Corporations or Companies;
- Endowment funds;
- Requests for bursaries;
- Charitable projects that do not focus on creating opportunities for employment;
- Projects which only provide training, without a formal strategy to link their beneficiaries to employment opportunities; and
- TFG CSI programme does not provide gift vouchers or supply free product as giveaways, prizes or gift items.
For more about the application forms and project budget outline, refer to www.tfg.co.za/csi/applications.htm.
To apply, submit the ‘Application Form’ and ‘Project Budget Outline’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, post to:
The CSI Administrator
PO Box 6020
For more about the Foschini Group, refer to www.tfg.co.za/csi/applications.htm.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.