Call for Proposals: Foschini Group
Monday, February 11, 2013 - 10:19
Please note: this opportunity closing date has passed and may not be available any more.
Opportunity closing date:Friday, May 31, 2013
Opportunity type:Call for proposals
The Foschini Group (TFG) is calling for proposals from registered nonprofit organisations (NPOs) with a proven track record in creating opportunities for employment.
Applicants should submit proposals for projects that:
- Will lead to opportunities for employment, especially for people aged 18 - 35 who make up the highest proportion of unemployed people in the country;
- Benefit historically disadvantaged people - project beneficiaries should be at least 75 percent black (as per the definition in the BBBEE codes);
- Will be implemented by a registered NPO with a proven track record, strong governance, and thorough monitoring and evaluation systems; and
- Projects that give people skills and/or create jobs will be given preference.
- Individuals who are looking for donations and/or sponsorships;
- Political organisations/individuals;
- Community-based organisations;
- Religious organisations except those with a social service programme that operates separately from the religious organisation. The programme must have its own NPO/NGO number, and must have its own Mission Statement.
- Commercial ventures like sponsorships, e.g. sporting tours or events, conferences, exhibitions or cultural events;
- Paid advertisements in charity brochures, event programmes or general fundraising printed material for events such as fundraising dinners or golf days;
- Profit making organisations, such as Closed Corporations or Companies;
- Endowment funds;
- Requests for bursaries;
- Charitable projects that do not focus on creating opportunities for employment;
- Projects which only provide training, without a formal strategy to link their beneficiaries to employment opportunities; and
- TFG CSI programme does not provide gift vouchers or supply free product as giveaways, prizes or gift items.
To apply, submit the ‘Application Form’ and ‘Project Budget Outline’ to email@example.com.
Alternatively, post to:
The CSI Administrator
PO Box 6020
For more about the Foschini Group, refer to www.tfg.co.za/csi/applications.htm.
To view other opportunities, refer to www.ngopulse.org/group/home-page/other-opportunities.