Creative Consulting & Development Works
Creative Consulting & Development Works is a well-established consultancy providing a range of targeted services to support and strengthen South Africa’s development sector. Since 2003, our core team of professional staff has worked on a wide range of projects and initiatives to deliver exceptional results and value to our clients.
Our work includes research studies, monitoring and evaluation, project design and management, facilitation and training, communications, intern provision and corporate social investment (CSI) services.
Creative Consulting & Development Works has been commissioned to identify a flagship numeracy and/ or literacy programme on behalf of a client in the financial services sector. The project must be targeted at improving literacy and numeracy in the classroom at Foundation Phase (Grade R-3) in Gauteng. Therefore, the project must have a strong focus on educator development. The proposed project must give the client naming rights, and therefore, cannot be an existing project with another major funder.
The following funds will be made available to the beneficiary organisation:
Year 1: R500 000
Year 2: R750 000
Year 3: R1 000 000
The proposed project must use best practice methodology that is aligned to Department of Basic Education’s policy, and applicants must have a proven track record in the successful implementation of similar projects.
The applicant must demonstrate that they have capacity to manage these funds efficiently and effectively.
The proposed project must meet the following criteria:
- Technical approach that describes how the project will be implemented;
- Have clear deliverables, where you can show what the outcomes (results) will be, including how many beneficiaries will be reached;
- Have a clear monitoring and evaluation system with indicators that demonstrate the programmes impact on educator and learners;
- Proven track record of having implemented similar interventions in the past, with similar sized budget;
- Indicate programme costs and include Monitoring and Evaluation costs and administration costs;
- Have a detailed plan for an anticipated start date and information as to whether this starting date is fixed, or movable, based on funding granted;
- Be registered as a nonprofit based and active within South Africa;
- Must have 18A registration;
- Use proven best practice methodology.
The following documentation is required for application:
- A detailed proposal that shows how the project will be rolled out (no more than 10 pages);
- A clear and detailed budget for the project;
- Audited financial statements for the last 2 financial years;
- Annual reports on activities;
- 4 contactable referees (2 donors and 2 beneficiaries);
- NPO certificate;
- 18A certificate;
- Relevant documents that show the organisation meets the requirements of the DTI Generic BBBEE codes.
Your application and supporting documents will be reviewed by a selection panel at Creative Consulting & Development Works. If the application is successful, your project will be shortlisted for the client’s review. The selected organisation will receive further correspondence from the funder.
All queries must be forwarded to Tsholofelo Khoza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 021 448 2058 by the 27 August 2013.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday, 4 September 2013.
Please send your application to email@example.com with a hard copy posted to:
P.O. Box 43311
Or courier / hand delivered to:
2 Clyde Street
For more information on Creative Consulting & Development Works, please visit www.developmentworks.co.za.